Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm not just a poet

I'm not just a poet


I'm a man with a voice booming over speakers
Enough to rattle bodies and open peepers
I'm not just a poet who can press pen to paper
Put voices to words, tongue cuts like a razor
I'm not just a master of vernacular, a wizard with the flows
I can take you high at night like crows
With two lines from my dual layered book
Read Slowly, first three pages I swear you're hooked.

I'm not just a poet; I'm larger than life usually
My verbs and nouns flow fluidly
I'm not just a poet I'm a healer, I'm a brother, I'm a son
I'm a reader, a lover, a friend, I'm second to none
I'm not just a person who can put three lines together freely
The one who, talk slow secretly
I can manifest my plan at forever discreetly
My words are written closely, miss reading can be costly
Because just when you think you figured me you lost me
I'm not just a man, not just a son, but I'm a poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment