Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sleeping Pills

Sleeping Pills

I really want to sleep
I popped some pill this cold night
Towards my bedroom I creep
It’s in my blurry sight
As I cling to a hallway wall
Stumbling
On my knees I fall
Tumbling
Now crawling through the door
I fell asleep on the floor
Awaking in what seemed like days, but its hours later
I drag into the bed where its safer
The comforter wraps me tightly, I drift
First lightly, until my mouth releases a stream of spit
I'm physically sleep mentally awake, lonely
Spiritually
I'm hearing sound
Can’t finalize the voice
Sounds familiar "That's Mom"
In a haze making my way to the kitchen
"Good Morning cereal or oatmeal?" Make the decision
My brother creeps up from behind and pushes past
I couldn’t so nothing but laugh
Faint beeps from what seems to be the microwave
Voices scream, “Fight, it’s your life we're trying to save"
Those voices get louder, "Fight, FIGHT"
Eyes spring open to a white coat site
I'm in the hospital, starting to feel pain
Pounding in my brain
Eyes close; this has to be a dream
When they open again tubes in my mouth & nose
Tingling sensation in my fingers & toes
So much light
Everything is white
Thinking I'm hungry what’s up with the meals
Doctor walks in, asks what I take. My faint voice says Sleeping pills

No comments:

Post a Comment