Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thespians (final cut)

Thespians (final cut)

BLACK.

FADE IN:

Opening scene:
We met at school at the slide
I bump you and take a ride
You follow kicking me in my back
My face turns red, stopped before I can react
Recess happens, I couldn’t let it go
Tripped you in the hallway your papers spread like snow

Off screen: They ride the bus together and see they are neighbors and their parents are friends so eventually they become fast friends.

Act 1:
Will you be my girlfriend ___yes ___no ___maybe?
“Die, die, die” with a middle finger is the reply
This is middle school you looked more like a lady
You walked passed me looking me dead in the eye
A smirk replaced your serious look
Slipping a note in my hand
I hid it under a book
Later read your demand
“Third floor by the bathroom 2:15 pm”
I stole away just for you to pull me in a kiss
Swallowing my tongue like in my dreams
Gotta hurry back before we’re missed

Off screen: They become boyfriend and girlfriend through jr high & high school join the drama club doing school plays.

Act 2:
High school prom to our parents we’re the best of friends
They didn’t know the school play was real
Juliet I held you close like late date winds
Couldn’t let you get a chill
Now we graduate and take the world on together
Can’t imagine leaving your side never

Off-screen: They decide to get married after having a daughter.

Act 3:
“Smile” Today is when our lives truly begin
“Smile” This just can’t end
“Smile” We have been married for three hours legally
“Smile” Feels no different really
“Smile” Look at our daughter she’s pretty like her mother
“Smile” Honey you want to give her a brother?

Off-screen: After having a second child and getting married they return to stage life starring in plays and considering a move.
Act 4:
Lights beaming down from the rafters, audience plenty
Me on-stage, so are you, tale of two cities
They’re cheering you lady
I’m glad you’re in love with me
Night in, night out, we pile them in
Scripts litter our office, every day we read
Don’t want to go where we been
No type cast, that’s a consideration need
We can wait for the role of a lifetime everything good
From Broadway now we in Hollywood

Off screen: After moving to Hollywood, successful years. They Have kids & grandkids and are just enjoying life.

Act 5:
You’re sick, I can’t live without you
Since elementary school there’s so much we went through
Please don’t, don’t leave me
Silence and two heart stops
As the curtain closes on two great thespians
We had many years to see
Lives spent on top
To the end thespians
FADE TO BLACK. ~Fin~ END CREDITS

No comments:

Post a Comment