Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oxy



Oxy

What comes of a broken heart?
Shattered into pieces behind lustful urges
Who’ll be brave enough to examine the shards?
Is love stronger than pride?
Should I dismiss the cuts, scars, and bruises?
That created this mess?
Why? What do I gain?
Results of the same selfish choices
Lft to pick up the shards of a lied to dream
I’m to poor to learn truths
To unimportant to be informed anyway
Maybe those expectations were my youth.
My inexperience n the world at large
I tried to love you like I’d never see you again
Our vision already soured
I even lost my friend
To something so petty
So useless
As you carried on “loving me”
Like nothing happened
So I guess I was supposed to love you, clueless
Bravo, you’ve fond your sucker
Make a fool of me, my emotions, or sake of your pleasure
I’ll endure; I’m not your average, everyday fool
I evolve, transcend, bend time and space, then return
In a way you never thought possible
Clean, no longer the pawn
Just totally oxy

No comments:

Post a Comment