Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The darkest moment



The darkest moment

That moment when I realized you didn’t love
The way I needed to be loved
Your love building, slowly
Towards something ugly
That was something so very less of you
That sophisticated beauty that excited me.
Walked so far away from me
That I couldn’t see her face anymore
She twisted, turned, betrayed, and lied to my face
Yet quoted my own fallen words.
To read this would seem I’m infallible
Which I’m not, I failed on being myself
Trusting myself, loving myself enough
To walk very far away, I loved you more
When times were tough
I dug my heels in and fought
Alone usually
To what end, I’m unsure
Just realizing the amount of energy expended
Did just about nothing for me
Nothing at all
While my desire remained pure
Other parts weren’t as free
So I extended
Something I swore I would never do
In my darkest moment, I loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment