Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ascending

Ascending

I remember when you wrote me
A message telling me
About containers
I feel like I counted those pills
The bottle says 45
I saw through your eyes
The count was 30
I couldn’t read the label

You hands uneasy
Reaching for a handful of colors
To your mouth I count three times
Followed by something clear
Easing on down your throat

Blurry replaces sharpness
Vision now relies on memories
Becoming your new picture show
Flashing across your eyes
The light shines down on you
Almost unknowingly tell the tale
Of a broken heart

I leave your body
Looking down as my spirit elevates
To the sky
Yours take over
To get the last moments of life
Now it meets me
In the sky
Reminding me its our secret
As it ascends
I’m left to mourn alone

No comments:

Post a Comment