Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beautiful Struggle

Beautiful Struggle

On the corner with my sign
"THOSE CRATES ARE MINE"
I take the marker I find and scribble blessings
Advise people to help and learn life lessons
Standing on the median care pass by
At an instant I catch this kid eye to eye

I saw the homeless man he looked at me hard
I guess trying to pull on my scared card
I'm in the passenger side hands in lap
When on the window he tapped
"Spare change?" I shake my head no
I was too young to realize it was the beautiful struggle

I'm not gonna get in to the particular of who's at fault
But i bet he enjoy's the result
People begging, bumming, and pan handling on the streets
Police officers walking their beats
As a woman struggle with a robber
She fights and with her purse she clobber
To the ground as her hits double
Cats only do when it's the beautiful struggle

Children on the streets looking poor
Asking for change when you walk out the store
Shoes busted, clothes dirty, faced covered with mud
Parents are crack heads, daddy smoking bud
Not paying attention to what the kids do
He selling crack hiding it in his shoe
Now rolling with a rival crew
But that's the beautiful struggle

How many lives have to crumble
under the oppression
Of the verbal digestion
Of the worlds said " It's a war going on"
Haven't they been waring since I was born???
It's the beautiful struggle don't you see
In this reality you'll never be free
Cause the struggle is going on every hour, everyday
President seeing it with shit to say
So this is the beautiful struggle, everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment