Monday, January 18, 2010

They Kill Kings

They Kill Kings

Why you people want to be on top?
The chart is mine, my record is hot
Your number is one thought right on top
With a target on your back aimed at your heart
You night hip hop, you rap and your skills suck
How long you think it’s gonna last, you bout to run out of luck
You trying to take the game
Make a stake of my name
Made by slaves, servants, and prisoner people
The people below the level of equal
They revolt and rush the throne
Snatch the microphone
And walk off the stage
Just missed me with the bullet from gauge
Haters on my back, letting out the rage
In the club, holding their rap page
But the industry breeds ad kill kings don’t you know
Ghostwriters and borrowed flow
I don’t want it I’m alright just running with the pact
Looking at the pact
Of people ahead and behind me
I just want to be free
My status as an artist is set in stone
I’m straight political, I’m taking it home
I’m not trying to wave gang flags
Or souljah rags
Cause I’m not a king but not far below below
Cause they kill kings that I do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment