Sunday, January 24, 2010

Closed Eyes

Closed Eyes

Through closed eyes I can see your smile
I can feel your eyes making love to me
Together we ran a mile
Off in the distance dreamy eyes can see

Through closed eyes I can see Martin Look out the window
With a rifle in his hand
Malcolm preaching peace through tangled lingo
They meet and shake, speaking over demands
Who’s the leader and second in command
Is not for them to decide if you can understand

Through closed eyes I can see my uncles roll dice
Spill liquor out of plastic cups of ice
Newport’s and kool's pass around the circle
Slinging dope on the side and weed with the shade of purple

Through closed eyes I can see heaven
Not that white and cloudy place
a regular looking place with dead relatives
Somewhere out in space
Where departed lives meet with passed kids
Through closed eyes I can see planet that count seven

Through closed eyes I can write lines that deliver
Heated filled words that make woman shiver
Those same words make men mad
Dispel feelings of heartbreak and sad
Through closed eyes I awake and they prepare to open
To pour out my minds views and mental devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment