Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nourishment

Nourishment

Can people provide me what I need?
I’m hungry give me something to feed
On, like power from electrical lines, people heed the signs
I need more from people like, soul food from down south
Feed me for like millions of days
I want to fall asleep with gravy dripping outta me mouth
Feel the love with very bite love comes in strange ways
I need to feel the power from loving hands
In the bites of my biscuits spread with butter, it’s the color of sands
Steam escaping every bite, I feel emotions flowing, my body glowing
With delight, yarns and burps I fight
Cause this is being totally free isn’t it lovely
Food, family and friends people know why the rules bend
Nourishment is lemonade with lemons sliced, tea crushed iced
Everyone needs some type of loving, family or who ever
She invited my old girl, yeah that was clever
I remember she liked her the best
She showed up in a floral sundress, with a white hat
Had a dish with my favorite cake, dam she still looks good and now she can bake
Wow this is crucial, up until now life has been crucial
I want to sit and enjoy nourishment, from people who care
My conscious is clear in the church my soul is clear
I want food for my strength, love for my heart
Emotion for my soul, these devils can’t take me apart
I’m enjoying the fantasy, loving the dream
Stirring in my sleep, what does it mean?
The alarm clock starting, the clock on the rise
“Dam reality” as I open and wipe the crust from my eyes
Seems like only dream go that way
Hey I need nourishment what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment